Doctors in Cedar Rapids believe a recent high school graduate may have a potentially deadly illness. The 18-year-old woman may have bacterial meningitis and she’s listed in critical condition. Mercy Care Doctor Andy Patterson outlines those who are at risk have had close contact with the woman. Patterson says transmission does not occur through passive contact.Letters have been sent to parents and students from Jefferson High School.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa