A Davenport food pantry that aids the needy may be looking for some help of is own.For the second time in a year, the Churches United Food Pantry in downtown Davenport is being forced out of its home, because its building will be torn down to make room for a new art museum. The pantry serves hundreds of needy people every month, and director Ann Wachell says it must stay downtown where its customers live, but there’s no money to pay rent.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa