Ankeny-based Casey’s General Stores reports record sales in 2000. Casey’s General Stores made a record one-point-nine BILLION dollars in sales last year, an increase of nearly 17 percent. But the convenience store chain saw its profits dip in the final quarter of the year. Casey’s officers say bad weather and high gas prices were to blame. Gasoline accounts for about 60 percent of Casey’s sales. Groceries are 27 percent of the take. Those fountain drinks and prepared food like pizza and burritos comprise just about seven percent of Casey’s sales. There are nearly 12-hundred Casey’s around the region.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk