Hospitals in central Iowa will start handing new parents a “Falling in Love with your Baby” packet. New brain research shows a baby’s brain is stimulated when they are read a book or sung to. First Lady Christie Vilsack says the packets include a book, as well as parenting tips.Vilsack says she was scared about having her first baby, and would have loved to get such a packet.The materials in the packet stress the importance of not smoking as well as the benefits of reading to your baby. The packets are available in English AND Spanish, and include a video on parenting and a C-D with lullabies that’ll put baby to sleep.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime