The deadline’s fast approaching for Iowans who want to apply for federaldisaster assistance for damage from this spring’s storms. The deadline forapplying for federal disaster assistance is Monday, July 2nd. Homeowners,business owners, renters and farmers in 70 of Iowa’s 99 counties may applyfor federal grants and low-interest loans. The aid could pay for homerepairs, rent for a temporary home away from a damaged home, as well asbusiness losses that aren’t covered by insurance. The weather damage musthave occured between April 8th and May 29th. The best way to register is tocall 1-800-462-9029. Iowans in the following counties are eligible: Adair,Adams, Allamakee, Appanooose, Benton, Black Hawk, Boone, Bremer, Buchanan,Buena Vista, Butler, Calhoun, Carroll, Cass, Cedar, Cherokee, Clarke, Clay,Clayton, Clinton, Crawford, Davis, Decatur, Delaware, Des Moines, Dickinson,Dubuque, Emmet, Fayette, Franklin, Greene, Hamiltion, Hancock, Hardin,Harrison, Henry, Ida, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Jones, Keokuk, Kossuth,Lee, Linn, Louisa, Madison, Mahaska, Marion, Marshall, Mills, Monroe,Montgomery, Muscatine, Pocahontas, Pottawattamie, Ringgold, Sac, Scott,Shelby, Tama, Taylor, Van Buren, Wapello, Warren, Washington, Wayne,Webster, Winneshiek, and Wright.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk