A former leader of the American Nurses Association is shocked to discover Iowa nurses’ salaries rank last in the nation. Virginia Trotter-Betts says the nursing shortage in Iowa is not just caused by low salaries, though.Trotter-Betts says nurses want some respect from other staff in the health care field.Trotter-Betts was one of the health care professionals who led a seminar at this week’s health forum in Des Moines which attracted 700 professionals from throughout the state.Trotter-Betts, who is from Tennessee, was president of the American Nurses Association for four years in the mid-90s.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk