While Pella is known for its tulips, another central Iowa town about 45 miles to the north is holding a tribute to another flower this weekend. State Center’s 43rd annual Rose Festival is underway through tomorrow. Fest chairman Karl Bormann says the town’s rose garden is immense.While the thousands of roses appeal to the eye and nose, Bormann says there’s also plenty of food at the festival to tantalize the sense of taste.The Marshall County town’s Rose Parade is at 10 this morning, which will be followed by a variety of family entertainment.There’s also a fireworks show Sunday night to honor Father’s Day.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!