A body was found in a burning home near the northeast Iowa town of Colesburg last night. Firefighters were called to the home of Richard Bond just after six o’clock last night. The home is north of Colesburg in Clayton County. The body was found as firefighters worked to put out the fire. The Clayton County Sheriff’s Department is not releasing the identity of the body or the cause of the fire. The state medical examiner is conducting an autopsy on the body.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature