With the arrival of hot muggy weather, some canines are getting a bit more hot-tempered. Clinton Postmaster Lori Cross is urging dog owners statewide to take precautions to keep their animals from lunging at letter carriers and other delivery people. She says they’ve had several cases where dogs have come through screen doors to attack carriers.For problem pooches which pose a threat, Cross says postal carriers can take the radical step of stopping mail delivery to the entire block.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old
- Feds will send emergency test to all phones, radios and TVs this afternoon