The second trial begins today for a southeastern Iowa man accused of child abuse. Twenty-three-year-old Clarence Yoe Junior of Oskaloosa was found guilty in December of physically abusing his girlfriend’s son, two-year-old Frank Charbonneau, Junior. The toddler’s 21-year-old mother, Miranda Charbonneau, pled guilty to allowing the abuse. The conviction was thrown out as a jury determined Charbonneau’s testimony was not reliable.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response