The former girlfriend of a southeast Iowa man accused beating her young son testified Monday in Mahaska County courts.Miranda Charbonneau spent two-and-a-half hours on the stand, telling how she lied to doctors, police and state officials because she was afraid of her live-in boyfriend, Clarence Yoe Junior of Oskaloosa. Yoe was found guilty in December of abusing Charbonneau’s son, two-year-old Frank Charbonneau, Junior. Miranda Charbonneau pled guilty to allowing the abuse. The conviction was thrown out as a jury determined Charbonneau’s testimony was not reliable.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal