A U-S District Court judge has ruled that an advocacy group should be allowed to examine the records of Gerard of Iowa care center. Federal judge Mark Bennett has handed down a decision in favor of Iowa Protection and Advocacy Services who filed the civil lawsuit to research the records and conduct interviews with employees and clients about the conditions at the facility in the wake of the death of Tanner Wilson. Wilson died from cardiopulmonary arrest on February 9th after being restrained. Bennett ruled the group will be allowed into the home starting on July 25th. Gerard of Iowa has not commented on whether they will appeal the decision.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk