With Independence Day just around the corner, Cedar Rapids is holding its red-white-and-blue Freedom Festival this weekend. The schedule of events include 186 items at more than 50 venues, including dozens of new events, according to fest executive director Nancy Wendler.One highlight is a high wire act, featuring Tino Wallenda, who Wendler says it part of a long-time legacy of performers.There are several concerts with many types of music, including the Pointer Sisters tonight. There’s also symphony music, jazz, rock and a Ray Charles tribute. Wendler says there’ll also be the Freedom Challenge Bike Race with seven different categories.For more information on the festivities in Cedar Rapids, surf to “www.freedomfestival.com” or call (319) 365-8313.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall