The Iowa State Patrol’s extra holiday effort on the highways wraps up today. The Patrol received federal funding to allow them to put 80 extra troopers on duty. Sergeant Robert Hansen says the traffic patterns are hard to judge when a holiday falls midweek, so the effort began Monday.Hansen says the State Patrol is available to help if you have car trouble.You can call toll-free at 800-525-5555 if you need assistance. Hansen says if you have car trouble, pull to the side of the road and wait for help.Hansen says some travelers will head home tonight, but many will return tomorrow morning after watching Fourth of July festivities.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Teamsters protest at Iowa Capitol over bill on union certification
- Central Iowa cyclists launch effort to build massive indoor BMX track
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities