The brother of a wealthy businessman and Iowa native who’s been abducted in Mexico says the kidnappers have contacted his relatives. Seventy-five-year-old Ron Lavender is a prominent real estate agent in Mexico who was kidnapped in Acapulco in June by a heavily armed gang. His 76-year-old brother, Don Lavender of Des Moines, says the kidnappers have called relatives of his brother.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk