Iowa has more golf courses, per capita, than any other state — and now Iowa’s becoming known as a mecca for disc golf, too.It’s not the type of golf that requires clubs and spikes — it’s the type that’s played with Frisbees. Only two other states have more disc golf courses than Iowa. The disc golf course in Ames is very popular with residents and students, and it tends to get crowded, and some folks, like Steve Rysavy, want a new course in town.Dave Meyers, a student at Iowa State, is aware of the numerous courses in Iowa, but he says time and convenience make it worth fighting the crowds in Ames.Much of disc golf’s popularity stems from the fact that courses in Iowa are free — all you need is your frisbee.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate backs ‘American Cream’ breed as Iowa’s official state horse
- Iowans are living longer, creating concern about paying for retirement
- State universities dealing with delays in FAFSA information being released
- Meteorologist says Iowa countryside is ‘extremely combustible’
- Iowa’s Sandfort claims pair of weekly honors