The son of the Worth County Sheriff has been arrested on charges of carrying a weapon onto school grounds. 18-year-old Jake Gentz, the son of Sheriff David Gentz, allegedly took a handgun to Northwood-Kensett High School on April 20th, the second anniversary of the Columbine school shootings. The Iowa Attorney General’s Office says they’ll prosecute the case, which is a Class D felony and could lead to a prison term of up to five years for the younger Gentz.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal