Fire broke out Wednesday night at the electrical generating station in the northeast Iowa town of Strawberry Point. The electrical fire started in the “switchgear” of the generators about 7 p-m. Firefighters used foam to extinguish the blaze. No one was hurt. The station will be off-line while repairs are made.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness