The “Hall of Pride” honoring Iowa athletes and performers is now becoming reality. Money for the Hall was included in 70-million dollars of state funding announced Wednesday for the “Capital City Vision Project” in Des Moines. Iowa High School Athletic Association Executive Director Bernie Saggau was on hand for the Vision Iowa announcement. Saggau says the “Hall of Pride” is a great way to showcase the people of Iowa.He says they’re already working on collecting all the information for the Hall they’ll send out notices in August to let schools know how to put their information on-line. Saggau says this is a monumental project to showcase Iowa that’s never been done before. The site of the “Hall of Pride” bounced from Des Moines to Boone and now back to Des Moines. The Hall will be part of the new Iowa Events Center arena and convention area being built near Veterans Auditorium.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G