A fishing outing turned deadly in northeast Iowa last night. Dubuque and Jones county authorities say a man drown in a farm pond about 6:45 near Cascade last night. The unnamed victim was among two men who were fishing when their canoe capsized. One of the men was treated and released from a Dubuque hospital. The victim’s body was found about 8 p-m. Neither of the men wore a life jacket.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record