A lawsuit filed in federal court in Des Moines charges wrongdoing in a small Cass County farming community. The alleged scam took tens of thousands of dollars from a grain elevator in a community of only one thousand people. The Hancock Elevator is suing Rolling Hills Bank of Griswold, saying a former elevator worker made out phony sales tickets and an accomplice claimed and cashed checks and used them to pay gambling debts. The elevator’s suit charges the bank knew the checks weren’t going to a farmer and knew the money was being used to pay a bookie.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record