Two long-time baseball rivals matchup tonight for the right to advance to the state tournament as second ranked and defending champion Dyersville Beckman hosts Cascade in a class 2A sub-state final. Beckman posted two lopsided wins over Cascade during the regular season but Blazers coach Tom Jenk says his players can’t bank on that again. He says the games are always tough because of the rivalry.Jenk says with all the fan interest surrounding this rivalry more than two thousand fans are expected to watch. He says it should be a great atmosphere.Cascade coach Jerry Rolling says the big crowd is a dream for players.Despite plenty of success over the years Rolling sees his team as the underdog in tonight’s game.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature