An employer in Clinton’s closing, putting 335 employees out of work. The International Paper plant has been in Clinton since 1959, and at one time had 650 workers. Communications manager Kim Wirth says the plant manager is setting up meetings to work out final details of the closing.This morning, International Paper made the announcement it’s closing the factory. Wirth says workers at the plant will be offered severance packages, the equipment will be moved to two other facilities, and the building and property will be sold.The plant will be closed down over the next month and a half. The Clinton plant has seen its business dwindle steadily since its product line was cut back to folding cartons for the food service industry.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall