An eastern Iowa man is going to prison for serving alcohol to underage kids. Twenty-six-year-old Roy Daniel Quandt has pleaded guilty in Scott County District Court to serving alcohol to minors, resulting in death — a felony. Other charges were dropped in a plea bargain. Quandt was charged in connection with the March 24th death of an 11-year-old who was killed in a car crash in Bettendorf. Prosecutors say Quandt supplied beer to teens and allowed them to drink at his Le Claire home. One of them was 18-year-old Trisha Ann Schubert, the driver of the car that killed the 11-year-old girl. Schubert survived the crash and faces a number of charges.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature