The city of Eldora sold it’s local hospital for peanuts, and now there are sour grapes over what the new owner’s doing with it. The city of Eldora sold it’s local hospital to Mercy Medical Center in Mason City for a buck last year, with Mercy converting the hospital into a “super clinic.” Eldora’s now suing Mercy after it was announced the Eldora “clinic” would be closed August 24th. A lawsuit filed by the city of Eldora, the Eldora Medical Center and four Eldora residents claims Mercy never intended to run a clinic in their town and planned to close the facility all along.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record