Iowa’s latest case of a parent accused of killing a child -won’t- go to trial.A Spirit Lake man charged with murder in the shaking death of his infant son pleaded guilty yesterday to voluntary manslaughter charges in a plea bargain. Thirty-two-year-old Korey Klaassen is already serving a ten-year sentence for child endangerment and could have another decade added to his term. Klaassen’s son, Kyler, died after being in a coma for more than a year. Klaassen was to go to trial this morning in Osceola County District Court.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dry weather could hurt some Iowa trees
- Clear Lake sets record for earliest ice-free date
- Iowa paddlers need to be patient and wait for consistent warm weather
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues