An Iowa golfer is getting ready for next week’s P-G-A championship in Atlanta. Ken Schall is the head pro at Sunnyside Country Club in Waterloo. This will be the sixth time he has played in the P-G-A. He has also played in two U-S Opens. Schall will get a couple of days to practice at the Atlanta Athletic Club. It’s over 72-hundred yards and it’s a par 70.Schall says as with any championship event the greens will be fast and the rough will be high. He says it will make it tough to get out of the rough.Schall says the weather this week should be good preparation for next week in Atlanta. He expects it to be extremely hot and he’s been practicing during the hot part of the day to get acclimated to the weather.Schall qualified for the tournament by finishing 14th in the P-G-A Club Professional Championship back in June. Schall is the former golf coach at Drake and also spent time as the club pro at the Wakonda and Blank courses in Des Moines.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Humboldt Middle School teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a student
- Lawmaker launches converation about cutting Iowa casino taxes
- Author of the Bass Reeves trilogy to appear in Iowa tonight
- Historic West Liberty building moving today
- Opening day to submit nominating papers for Iowa’s 2024 Primary Ballot