As the Cedar Rapids Kernels look forward to a future that includes a new stadium, team officials are making plans to say goodbye to the current one. August 28th will mark the final game in 53-year-old Veterans Memorial Stadium and Kernels general manager Jack Roeder says there will be several activities to mark the event. Roeder says some former players will also return to mark the occasion.Roeder says for fans who feel a special connection to the stadium there is a chance to take a piece of it home with you. They’re taking reservations for the stadium’s 495 box seats at 50 bucks each.Roeder says fans have been able to track the progress of the new stadium all season beyond the right-center field wall.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G
- Iowa’s DeJean and Taylor are finalists for national awards