An Oelwein mother who ran over her two year old son will not be charged. Oelwein police say they won’t file charges against Melanie Pates. Pates’ son Christian, who was not in a car seat, apparently opened the door of the family’s car as it left the parking lot of a local store yesterday morning. Christian was run over by the left rear wheel of the car. The boy suffered minor internal injuries and remains hospitalized in Iowa City.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting