Burlington lawyer Andrew Hoth says he will seek the Democratic nomination for the new second district congressional seat in southeast Iowa. Current 1st district Congressman Jim Leach, a republican from Davenport, says he will move to Iowa City to run for the 2nd district seat. Hoth says he can mount a challenge against Leach as a life-long resident of the district, which he says is strongly democratic.Hoth says Leach’s experience will be something he has to overcome, as Leach already has a campaign system in place.Hoth says he’s not ready to outline his priorities just yet, he says he’ll “define the issues” over the next couple of months and weeks..Hoth has never run for office before. He’s the only democrat thus far to announce a run for the 2nd district seat.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Work underway on new multi million dollar terminal for Des Moines Airport
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old