The Crawford County Treasurer has decided to hang it up and resign. The resignation is part of an agreement with prosecutors over phone calls Alan Hansohn made to a dating service on his county telephone. Hansohn has also pled guilty to third-degree theft and will be sentenced on those charges in October. Hansohn, who is married, made nearly 650 calls between May of 1998 and March of 1999 at a cost of over 700 dollars. Hansohn has issued a public apology and paid the county restitution for the calls and time he spent on the phone when he should have been working.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal