Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley expects another interest rate cut to be okayed by the Federal Reserve Board today. He says it’d be another vote by the panel to boost the nation’s economic engine.Grassley expects the rate cut to be at least a quarter-point and perhaps a half-point. Grassley says he has faith in Fed chairman Alan Greenspan to do what’s best for the nation.Grassley says he should share some of the credit with Greenspan for helping the economy. Grassley says, “It isn’t just what the Federal Reserve Board does, it’s the tax cut that I got through Congress” which is rebate checks of 65-billion dollars that are helping stimulate the economy as well. The announcement is expected about interest rates about 1:15 p-m central time.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal