An elderly eastern Iowa man died yesterday while sprucing up his property. A Dewitt man was killed while mowing along a ditch near Dewitt on Tuesday. Clinton County Sheriff’s deputies say it appears 74-year-old Herbert Smith was mowing along the edge of the ditch when the mower rolled over and pinned him. Smith was declared dead at the scene.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall