A 35-year-old Waterloo man was arrested after firing a shot Friday afternoon in the Waterloo Wal-Mart store. Madhav Kavuru charged with terrorism and going armed with intent, after firing a shot from a 12-gauge shotgun inside the store. An unidentified man was slightly injured, apparently by flying debris caused by the shot. An off-duty Waterloo police officer, Corey Alspach, was able to corner and arrest Kavuru inside the store. No other injuries were reported. Kavuru is being held in the Black Hawk County jail under 100-thousand dollars bond.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness