Meatpacker I-B-P is recalling 500-thousand pounds of ground beef in Iowa and nearly three-dozen other states. The beef was produced August 7th at I-B-P’s plant in Dakota City, Nebraska, and may be contaminated with e-coli bacteria.I-B-P spokesman Gary Mickelson says the company was made aware of the potential problem Wednesday by the U-S-D-A.Mickelson says the beef was sent to 36 states and the District of Columbia and it’s being recalled purely as a precautionary measure.No illnesses are reported in relation to the beef. For questions, call the I-B-P Food Safety Hotline toll-free at 877-388-5184.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!