The High School football season opens tonight with several rated matchups. Class 1A top ranked Aplington-Parkersburg takes on class 2A third ranked Dike-New Hartford. A-P coach Ed Thomas has a number of veterans back from last years runner-up team. He says preseason has gone well as they try to rebuild the offensive line and defensive secondary.Thomas says a matchup of contrasting styles. His team is more ground based, while he says Dike will throw the ball. He says the kicking game could be key.Dike-New Hartford coach Tom Wilson says his team enters the season with lofty goals. They have a big group of seniors who hope to get to the playoffs. Wilson says his team will rely on speed as they’re not very big.Top ranked Hubbard-Radcliffe opens the seas at Conrad BCLUW. Bill Huebner takes over as the Rebels head coach who are coming off the class A state title last year. He says they have some talented kids back.Hubbard-Radcliffe lost the first two non-district games of the season before winning the final 11-games to claim the state title. Huebner says no matter what happens the first couple of weeks he wants his team to make progress.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!