Tattoo artists say the popular “Survivor” television show has had a big influence on the body art kids are choosing these days.Bob Parr of Lasting Impressions Tattoo and Body Piercing in Ames says a Survivor-style “tribal wrap” around the arm is very popular with men, they also do a lot of lower back tattoos for women.Labor Day, for many, signifies an entrance into fall, and Parr admits summertime is the prime time for tattoos as people wear fewer clothes and show off the tattoos.Parr says some people ask for tattoos on their feet and toes, but he discourages tattoos on that area of the body because the art doesn’t seem to last as long.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk