A seven-year-old legal battle may cost the state of Iowa millions. The case involves about 275 state workers in the public safety, corrections, natural resources and transportation departments. The workers first filed suit in 1994, saying they were owed overtime pay. Lawyers for the executive branch have said they’re not. The Iowa Supreme Court has ruled, though, that the workers do qualify for overtime. That could cost the state several million dollars in backpay.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa