Governor Tom Vilsack declared a disaster emergency Friday afternoon after storms brought more high winds and heavy rain. Nevada Mayor Andy Murphy was out surveying the aftermath, and says there was a lot of damage all over.Murphy says it was the third band of heavy weather to pass through in two days, and the worst of it seemed to hit Story County this time. He’d heard the winds were “hurricane force” and damage included downed trees, power and phone lines, and some closed roads. By sundown, all the roads were re-opened, and cleanup had begun.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness