A western Iowa factory will reopens — but only for a year or so. Farmland Foods will temporarily re-open its pork processing plant in Carroll next month, after closing the facility in May. Hams will be made there for 12 to 18 months since another Farmland plant in Minnesota was damaged by fire last month. The move will create about 100 temp jobs.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Opening day to submit nominating papers for Iowa’s 2024 Primary Ballot
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions