Clinton County leaders are encouraging residents to honor victims of Tuesday’s terrorist attacks by taking more than just a moment of silence. Jill Davisson, chair of the county board of supervisors, is asking people to spend nine minutes on Friday morning at 11 o’clock in memory of those who were killed in New York, Pennsylvania and Washington D-C.The time is set at nine minutes beginning at 11 o’clock to mark the date of the tragedy — the 11th day of the 9th month. Davisson says Clinton County’s young people are especially interested in the remembrance.A color guard will be posted at the county courthouse tomorrow.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk