Bells sounded and prayers were raised throughout the nation today on this day of remembrance.Thousands gathered, outside, in downtown Des Moines. Many brought flags. A few clutched Bibles. There were prayers. They sand “God Bless America” and the national anthem. Governor Tom Vilsack led the crowd in a moment of silence. He asked the crowd to pray for and remember the victims of the disaster. Vilsack says we are not Midwesterners, or Iowans, we are all Americans.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response