A ten-month investigation led to the arrest of an Algona man Monday on charges of first-degree murder and sexual abuse. Kossuth County Sheriff Kevin Van Otterloo says 24-year-old Randy Lee Bode was charged in the death of Nicole Berte. Berte’s body was found in a burned-out pickup southeast of Algona on November 17th of 2000. Van Otterloo says it’s been a long investigation and he’s glad to see it end with an arrest.Bode made an initial appearance in court Monday and is being held on a 300-thousand dollar bond for each charge. He’ll be arraigned next Monday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk