The former president of South Africa spoke in northern Iowa last night and says he reacted just as Americans did when terrorists struck last week. F-W de Klerk watched the T-V accounts in horror. Speaking last night in Mason City, he was glad the U-S didn’t respond with a “knee-jerk” attack.de Klerk says President Bush has handled the situation well. He agrees with plans for harsh retaliation against the terrorists and any nations who are collaborating with terrorists by allowing them to stay.The former president says some Americans may not have realized how good life was in this country — at least before last Tuesday.de Klerk released a joint statement Wednesday with fellow South African and co-Nobel Peace Prize winner Nelson Mandela which condemned the attacks.He was in Mason City as part of the North Iowa Area Community College’s leadership series.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response