The next time someone tells you to “take a hike,” you might want to check out a book by the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation. Spokesperson Cathy Engstrom says the Foundation has just released its new Iowa trail guide.Engstrom says the book includes 42 maps and numerous descriptions of 700 miles of trails.It covers nature trails that allow hiking, biking and walking. She says there are a lot of trails available for Iowa bikers, walkers and joggers.Iowa ranks fifth in the nation for converting rail lines to trails. Engstrom says you can find the guide in book and bike stores.You can also order the book directly from the Foundation. For more information, surf to its website at www.inhf.org. The book costs 10 dollars when ordered directly from the Foundation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime