A Cedar Falls author finds her upcoming book is about as timely as you can get.Rosemarie Skaine has spent months researching the treatment of women in Afghanistan by leaders of the Taliban regime.She’s found they have virtually no rights, undergo beatings, and aren’t allowed to go outside unless they’re accompanied by a male and cover their heads. Skaine conducted interviews with Afghani women living in the U-S.She also did 30 interviews through the “Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan,” a group which helped her by interpreting the interviews. Skaine says the treatment of the women by the Taliban and the attacks on America go against everything she’s learned about the Islamic religion. Her book “The Women of Afghanistan Under the Taliban” is due out later this year. You can order it by visiting www.authorsden.com.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal