More information has been released on the fate of a suspected terrorist arrested in Cedar Rapids.The court appearance scheduled today in federal court in Cedar Rapids for Youseff Hmimssa was cancelled as the U-S Attorney wanted him to return to Michigan. Hmimssa has agreed to return to Detroit to face charges of voluntarily misusing visas, and fraud. A Detroit television station says U-S Marshals will transfer Hmimssa as soon as a federal judge signs off on the order. Linn County jail officials say they don’t know when the agents will arrive. The 30-year-old Hmimssa was arrested Friday in the ongoing terrorism investigation. The Iowa D-O-T says Hmimssa has at least two Iowa driver’s licenses which were obtained through aliases.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk