The camouflage make-up manufactured by a Cedar Rapids company has been used by hunters for years, but it’s now being used by U-S military operatives hunting for Osama bin Laden. “Hunter’s Specialties” vice president Carman Forbes says the military began using their make-up during the Gulf War, and it can withstand the elements.The make-up comes in a compact with a variety of camouflage colors, like “mud brown”, “leaf green” and black. Forbes says the original idea came from a Mary Kay lipstick compact, but the colors aren’t the kind you’d see on many women’s lips.Forbes expects the military to order more of the camouflage color compacts. A huge photo in the latest edition of U-S News and World Report magazine shows a soldier applying “Hunter’s Specialties” camouflage make-up.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk