Joe Tiller took his spread offense from Wyoming to Purdue and quickly took a downtrodden Boilermaker program from the bottom of the Big Ten to an appearance in the Rose Bowl. Tiller says he first used the offense to equalize the talent at the line of scrimmage. He says if you can quickly play pitch and catch outside, you can gain an advantage. Tiller says the offense is used more today to spread the field.Redshirt freshman Brandon Hanson has taken over at quarterback replacing All-American Drew Brees. Tiller says Hanson played like a veteran during their come from behind win at Minnesota last weekend. Tiller says learning from Brees had to be a plus for Hanson.The Boilermakers host Iowa on Saturday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal