The new President of Iowa State University will officially take his positionSaturday. Gregory Geoffroy (Joh’-free) officially becomes the 14th Presidentof Iowa State University today at 9 a-m in Stephens Auditorium on the Amescampus. I-S-U spokesman John McCarroll says the event is called aninstallation, and the new president is “installed” by the president of theState Board of Regents. The installation is open to the public and is a mereformality. Dr. Geoffroy actually began working at his new job July 1st.Geoffroy replaces Martin Jischke who (Jish’-key) left I-S-U to become thepresident of Purdue University.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate backs ‘American Cream’ breed as Iowa’s official state horse
- Iowans are living longer, creating concern about paying for retirement
- State universities dealing with delays in FAFSA information being released
- Meteorologist says Iowa countryside is ‘extremely combustible’
- Iowa’s Sandfort claims pair of weekly honors